Maraschino Chérry Chocolaté Chip Cookies
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Small amount of pink gel food coloring
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped, drained maraschino cherries (plus a garnish supplement)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus a garnish supplement)
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer for 1 minute or until combined. Add the egg and extracts, beat again.
- Add a small amount of food coloring to pink gel and mix. In a small separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients t0 the wet ingredients, mixing by hand with a spatula.
- Add the finely chopped maraschino cherries and chocolate chips, mix by hand until well blended. The dough will be thick.
- Use a biscuit spoon to place balls of dough on a baking sheet covered with silicone. Press additional cherries and chocolate chips on the outside of the dough balls.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes - be sure not to overcook or the cookies will lose their pink color and turn brown.
- Let the cookies cool to the touch on the baking sheet (about 15 minutes), then place them on a cooling rack.
- The recipe from, click here
- To find out about other recipes: click here